Faith formation is the foundation of Our Lady of Mount Carmel School. The Religion curriculum is an educational priority at OLMC. We lead our students to an understanding of our Catholic faith and virtues. The doctrines of the Catholic faith are present in every grade level.
As a school community we do the following:
· Attend Mass every Tuesday from September until May. We also attend Mass on the first Friday of each month and on Holy Days of Obligation.
· Father Aniello teaches Gospel values to the Eighth grade on a weekly basis.
· Students participate in various service projects throughout the year.
· Students prepare for Holy Communion in the second grade.
· Students participate in the Sacrament of Reconciliation during Advent and Lent.
· Students participate in the Stations of the Cross during Lent.
· Students and Teachers participate in saying of the Rosary during Lent.
· We integrate our faith into all subject areas.
· We prepare many of our students to become Altar servers.
· We have faculty Religious retreats for all the Teachers.
· The students work on toy drives and turkey collections during the school year.
Girls in grades 5th through 8th are required to participate in the Marian Circle as part of their religious education. This group meets once a week in a spiritual setting under the guidence of Sister Georgia Wright. This is a wonderful religious experience for the girls which fosters communication and a profound respect for one another.